12.10.2010

The end of a saga: Judas Priest to break up

Earlier this week, I was idly browsing the interwebs as usual when I came across a piece of truly tragic news. It turns out that heavy metal legends Judas Priest will be among the first of the genre's OGs to hang up their axes for good. Their hugely influential blend of speedy riffs, twin lead guitar pyrotechnics, Rob Halford's ungodly shriek and flamboyant stage presence, and, of course, leather will live on in their large discography of (mostly) classic albums. It was back in the 8th grade that these guys first inspired me to listen to and play metal. Lots of good memories listening to Priest!

The good news is, you can still catch them on one last tour. I'm very glad I caught them on the Metal Masters tour in 2008; it was one of my favorite shows.

Here's two classic videos from the band: the heavy metal classic "Breaking the Law" and the shred-your-heart-out, demonic intensity of "Painkiller."



No comments:

Post a Comment