7.17.2010

Try This: Cyberoptix - "Geisha"

If you haven't already been introduced to the Dubstep genre, then it's hard to say whether you should indulge or not.  Most people can't tolerate more than 10 minutes of it (I personally drone out to an hour or so while doing homework), and a lot of it sounds the same, like vuvuzelas.  But unlike our favorite swarm-of-bees-imitating instruments, good, interesting Dubstep is hard to nail down.

This time around, I've got an utterly intruiging track that blew my mind the first time I heard it at 2 am in a dark place, as is fitting.  Dubstep is like a dark, winding tunnel of grimy sounds, but this one by newcomer Cyberoptix transports me to the streets of Tokyo, dimly lit, streets lightly damp, streetracers flying by, neon lights, mysterious women, and a bangin', trance-like club scene.

Dive into it, even if you don't know what's there: "Geisha"

No comments:

Post a Comment