4.15.2010

Throwback Thursday

Every Thursday from now until an earthquake, hurricane, or tsunami destroys Google's servers and thus this blog, I'll be bringing you all back to a different time in our glorious history.  It'll be called "Throwback Thursday", and it's gonna be capital-A Awesome.


If you don't know me well enough or at all, then all you need to know is that the quickest way to my heart is '80s music.  Aww yeah.  Gimme some Air Supply, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Duran Duran, John Cougar, Toto, Madonna, Huey Lewis & the News.  'Cause I've always wanted Jenny's number.  'Cause I've always wished to go where women glow and men plunder.  'Cause it's a total eclipse of the heart.  When doves cry darling, I'll never give you up. Moving on. (No this is not a joke)

So I understand that you might not be diggin' this yet, nor do you want my heart.  Maybe you love the '90s more (Nahhh).  Whichever way, you're gonna find something you like.  Especially after I get you pumped up beyond your mind.

Top Gun is one of the finest films of our time.

It's got all the elements of a great watch: engaging plot, a good romance, intense action scenes, totally quotable lines, and a great soundtrack.  Nothing has ever been more enjoyable during every one of the 20+ times I've seen it.

Imagine, soaring through the air in your F-14 Tomcat, spinning, blasting down enemy planes and just having an overall sweet time.  The only thing that would cure your commander's monotone voice would be a great song to help you maintain your state of intensity in the battle zone, known as the "danger zone" among our ranks.  You need some bangin' synths, shreddin' guitars, mean drum beats, and a man-enough voice to tell you to push harder.

You need:

No comments:

Post a Comment